The logistics sector in India is valued at approx. 385 Bn $, accounting for nearly 13-14% of our GDP. This extremely important sector for infrastructure growth and economic progress is however hampered by some major drawbacks.
Most of the processes are manual and it leads to significant time and costs in every aspect of the business:
- Vendor selection and contract negotiations are mainly word-of-mouth
- Bill passing requires manual integration from multiple systems, some of them manual
- Actual arrival and departure times are always an issue as it is based on different sets of records by each party
Vehicle utilisation is generally less than 50% because of
- Poor information flow between transporter and client leading to empty trips or waiting by transporter/client.
- Higher costs due to non-optimised load sharing
- Time spent just waiting to load and unload